Hello Readers!Welcome Back! When it comes to Entertainment we all familiar with VLC Media Player and how it is compatible with all devices and flexible. But we want to share our media files to play in other compatible devices. Many think is it possible with VLC Player? My answer is -yes! VLC Allows users to share DLNA Server and to play Media Files. VLC acts as DLNA Server and which is used to share media files like Movies, Songs,etc., to play successfully and In this Post, I’m Going to Share How To Connect VLC Player To DLNA/UPnP Server To Play Content and how to setup those by simple steps below. It is Better to Use Windows 10 Operating System as it is latest Version and have many features in it.
What Is DLNA/UPnP?
Before Going to the Main Content Let us see what are those? and what are the uses of it?UPnP is called as ” Universal PLUG and PLAY “ and which is used to play or share media files without Manual setup. Coming to DLNA Server which is called as “Digital Network Living Alliance”. and to make use of it we need devices like PlayStation 3 but now we can share media files by VLC Player which acts as a DLNA Server.
Also Read:- How To Convert .pages into Windows File
Steps To Connect VLC To DLNA Server To Play Content:-
- Open the VLC Media Player, which is available in desktop as shortcut if not then go to search and type “VLC Media Player”.
- Then a VLC Media Player opens and Next Go to Menu bar and Click on View tab.
- Then Next under Drop-down Menu, Click On the Playlist.
4.Then You’ll find Playlist menu on the left side of the window and now Go to “Universal Plug n Play” and Click On it.
5. Now VLC Media Player starts checking the files in media streaming network which is enabled and which you can see the playlist on the right side of the screen.
6. It takes sometimes to show files which is in the playlist.
Also Read:- How To Remove Google Extensions Permanently.
NOTE:-. You need to enable Media streaming for the Network which is to connect DLNA server.
7. You can also play video files but it takes time to play so that if want to play choose Play in order to view Immediately.
8. You can also view media files from another way by going to the “Playlist” button and click on it and see the available playlist.
9. There you can see files in a hierarchy manner and browse the folders to search the file you like to play and right-click on the file and select “Add to Playlist”.
10. As VLC is not a specific DLNA Server application, it takes time to fetch the files and if you see empty folders don’t get out of the way ,it takes time to render the files.
We all Know, How VLC is good and features of it and it is the additional feature that adds more advantage to the users to share and play media files with their connecting networks. If you found this post interesting please share with your friends and if you finding difficulty to understand please feel free to comment below i’ll reach you at very soon.