At the point of selecting the best suited CMS solution for creating a website, what strikes your mind immediately??
It’s certainly WordPress. And perhaps, You are almost on the right track. In making a blog or a website or the combo of both, WordPress is one of the best options.
But, we cannot overlook some other options too as Drupal, Joomla, and many others.
Let’s first discuss on WordPress and Drupal. We will sum up with the reasons making these two popular among the crowds and would simultaneously compare their characters thereby deciding which of the two is a better option.
WordPress, an open source CMS is the most famous software used for blogs today. It’s the better choice for small and medium size organizations. You can build a good quality website in just some minutes, and this WordPress also allows you to modify the tools according to your needs. WordPress acts as a leader, master or a guide in the case of blogging and the same is also Very convenient to use for the non technical users.
Note: There are two types of WordPress i.e. Free WordPress and Self Hosted WordPress. Check the detailed difference between WordPress.com Vs WordPress.Org
Advantages of WordPress
1. It is straightforward to install and simple to configure. You can make a WordPress website up and run in just a few hours.
2. WordPress has its community support, so solving issues and troubleshooting is easy with the help of the WP community.
3. Creating additional functionality is easy.
4. Installing modules and system upgrades is easy.
Disadvantages of WordPress
1. WordPress sites use plug-ins that have unsafe elements and can easily be hacked if you don’t update and upgrade to the latest version with time. You also need to install third party plugins to save your data and website from hackers.
3. It is simple for hackers to find vulnerabilities since all codes are accessible online.
4. WordPress may not be suitable for websites promoting large companies or big enterprises as it was designed for small content websites.
5. Page loading speeds at points are recorded to be slow.
Who Uses WordPress?
Here are some well-known brands that leverage the power of WordPress and its benefits.
New York Times
Wall Street Journal
Moving ahead, Drupal is a Web content handling tool and the customizable platform as well. It lets it’s users to make their content and to set up profiles. Drupal comes up with class performances since it uses MVC architecture that utilizes fewer server resources. And yes, it can handle larger sites better.
Drupal is very popularly used by govt concerns and educational organizations as its safe and secure. It has additional characteristics that allow you to make perfect designs for your website. All the discussed features make Drupal very compatible, capable and customizable tool.
Advantages of Drupal
1. Drupal allows you the ability to create a highly advanced website with extra features and advantages in regards to most of the additional content management systems.
2. Drupal has protected architecture, and it delivers security updates on time. So you don’t have to bother about hacking and vulnerabilities.
3. Its pages load faster, and it can handle a larger amount of content.
4. Drupal is fit for sites which need complex functionality and utility.
5. Drupal is adaptable so that you can build any website with it.
Disadvantages of Drupal
1. Since it is an updated and upgraded CMS, you will need a developer for any change you wish.. If you lack the experience as a developer. Then, in that case, I would recommend that you should hire a developer to manage your site, Though it’s an extra expense.
2. Some of Drupal’s upgrades could need a complete redesign of your blog, for which, again you want developer sources.
3. Maximum of Drupal’s plugins and themes are paid, and you need to buy them.
4. Getting a skilled Drupal developer in and of itself is a difficult task.
Who Uses Drupal?
University of Oxford
WordPress and Drupal are both excellent CMS options. The decision boils down to your specific needs and requirements when trying to assess the best path.
If you dream your website to be growing and expanding handling lots of data, then Drupal is the best option to go with. Reason being, it’s security and page load speeds. If you desire to have multiple authors and wish for a platform that is also simple to use. Specifically for a lot that is not that perfect in technology. Drupal is the right direction to walk in.
Ultimately.. Knowing which CMS suits you best for your business will save your precious time, energy and money. Now and in the future as well.
NOTE: To run WordPress & Drupal , all you need is a domain name registration and VPS hosting. We recommend you to use Everdata because they are offering very reliable and secured hosting services at affordable prices and they are having their own Tier III data centers.